From Scratch Cooking (2020 ed.) DIGITAL COOKBOOK!
The 'From Scratch Cooking 2020 Edition' digital cookbook, courtesy of the Academy of Culinary Nutrition, is now available...for 9 days only until this FRIDAY, JULY 31/20!
This gorgeous cookbook features 41 gluten-free and dairy-free recipes (with Paleo and Vegan options) crafted by a variety of graduates from the 'Culinary Nutrition Expert Program'.
As a culinary graduate of this program and a current 'Program Coach' for the certification students in this program, I am thrilled to have contributed a recipe to this resource once again this year.
Recipes encompass 'Breakfast & Beverages', 'Salads, Sides & Soups', 'The Main Event' and 'Desserts & Sweet Snacks'!
Each year, this cookbook is released in partnership with a non-profit organization, and this year, 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Thrive for Good - an organization that teachers communities in Africa how to grow their own food.
These communities have been dramatically impacted by the current global pandemic and donations have inevitably dropped as a result.
We are collectively looking to raise $15,000 for this non-profit for the 9 days this digital cookbook is available! What an incredible feeling it will be to support such an invaluable cause. Since this annual digital cookbook fundraiser launched back in 2014, over $70,000 has been raised!
If you're looking to incorporate more from-scratch cooking into your life, with beautiful, whole food-based recipes, the pay-what-you-can pricing makes this instantly-downloaded cookbook easily accessible!
Here's a sneak peek at just one of the many mouth-watering recipes you'll find inside!
Carrot Noodle Pad Thai
Recipe + Photo Credit: Janine Klinegal
This flavourful Thai-inspired dish helps improve constipation and alleviate gastrointestinal distress. What’s more, it takes less than 20 minutes to make!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 2
2 large carrots
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 cilantro stem, finely chopped (keep the leaves for garnish)
100 g boneless chicken thighs, sliced into small pieces (see tip below for vegan option)
½ tsp turmeric
1 egg (omit for vegan option)
1 cup green beans, cut to 1-inch long pieces
1 Tbsp coconut aminos or gluten-free soy sauce
1 Tbsp lime juice
¼ cup water
1 cup alfalfa sprouts or bean sprouts
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
¼ cup finely chopped green part of spring onion
1. Wash and peel the carrots, then continue peeling the carrots into long strips/noodles. Put them aside.
2. Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped cilantro stem, followed by the chicken. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink. Add the turmeric, mix well, and let the chicken cook until golden-brown, about 3 minutes.
3. Crack the egg straight into the pan (if using), and let it cook for a minute before stirring.
4. Add in the green beans, carrot noodles, coconut aminos, lime juice, water, and stir well. Let the carrot and beans soften a little bit but still have a crunchy texture, about 2 minutes or until the water has evaporated. Taste and add more coconut aminos or lime juice as needed.
5. Add the alfalfa sprouts, mix, and cook for 2 minutes, then add chopped walnuts, spring onion, and mix together. Turn the heat off. Serve immediately with cilantro leaves for garnish.
Bonus Tip: You can replace the chicken with a cup of diced tofu or tempeh.
Click HERE to learn more and snag your copy!🙌🏻